Are you our next Sales Manager?
The Settha Palace in Vientiane, Laos, is a 29-Room French Colonial
Luxury Boutique Hotel catering to high end tourists, bankers, diplomats and
businessmen, requiring warm and personalized service.
For our refined corporate functions & meetings operation with a function room for 150 pax theatre style, we are now welcoming applicants for the position of Sales & Marketing Manager.
But will you fit this job like a Billie Jean glove? Read on to find out...
Day-to-day, you'll be...
- Building and maintaining high-quality relationships with companies who need our meeting facilities and hotel room accommodations
- Meeting directly with logistics staff at these companies to find out what their needs are in the coming months and identifying what the hotel can do for them
- Training up your staff in the art of hotel sales and marketing
- Soliciting corporate guest feedback
- Using that feedback to help us improve our hotel services & operations
- Improving the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for sales & marketing
...about what you've achieved. Where you want to go in your career.
What you've learned from your mistakes. How well you intuitively
understand our tone and mission at the Settha Palace Hotel. Your level
of empathy, aptitude for leadership and ability to train your team.
We care that you would genuinely care - about your team, our guests
& corporate clients, and specifically, about giving all our
guests at the Settha Palace a memorable experience.
We care that you have the ability to work without constant supervision,
and cooperate and communicate very well with other departments - verbally, and in writing.
We care that you're someone people love to work together with.
This opportunity is for you if:
- You really love the business of hotel sales & marketing within the context of a small boutique hotel.
- You have a strong and adventurous disposition.
- You’re a master at making sales calls and asking for the sale.
- You truly love the sense of achievement in winning new business.
- You are flexible and can change focus quickly.
- You want the challenge of increasing our rooms business and meetings business.
- You can start your new job here in Laos in June 2015.
But the opportunity is NOT for you if:
- You have to bring your family with you.
- You can't adapt easily and build a routine, motivate yourself and work independently.
This role requires:
- A "make it happen" attitude: if you don't know it, learn
it. If you don't understand, ask. If something is not working, find out
why. Excuses or non-constructive complaints won't lead you or us to any
kind of success.
- Previous experience as a hotel Sales Executive in 4 or 5 star hotels
- Previous experience living/working outside your home country, preferably in Asia.
- A core role with a unique and leading boutique hotel in Laos.
- The opportunity to serve highly sophisticated and well travelled hotel guests from all over the world.
- To work with a wonderful multi-national management team, led by a dynamic General Manager with a strong background in sales & marketing.
- An environment where you're given opportunity to grow.
- Economy air ticket, tax free salary, suitable on site
accommodation, laundry, duty meals, medical insurance and compensation
in line with the size of our small operation.
The Settha Palace is managed by Belmont International Hotels, which
manages deluxe hotels in Malaysia, Indonesia and Laos.
Candidates are invited to send in their CV with photo to:
Belmont International Hotels
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Do not miss out on this